Thursday 12 April 2012

Filmed performance of Our Town


I found a great performance from 1989 Lincoln Center production. This video can be seen on www.youtube.com by clicking on following link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLWewZO6z1w.

This is just Act 3 but as I find this act the most important, I can judge by this extract. I find this production excellent! To be honest, I found this video a month ago and I got inspired by it. This was the moment when I realized that the best way to present Our Town is to show Emily’s heart-breaking monologue. And personally, I felt that this play really spoke to me (much more than reading this part). The acting of Emily character deserves a prize. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, her speech is quite emotional.. I can't wait to see you performing that scene =)

    ReplyDelete